page provides links to product information, technical documentation, and other material about the technology published by the Ed-Fi Alliance and community.
Ed-Fi Technology Suite
Ed-Fi ODS / API Platform
Ed-Fi ODS provides a secure, transactional information store that integrates data from multiple source systems and applications. The Ed-Fi API accompanies the Ed-Fi Operational Data Store and provides a developer-friendly interface to create, read, and update information stored in an Ed-Fi-powered ODS.
Latest Version (v6.1) | All Versions
Ed-Fi Tools aid developers implementing the technical components of the Suite.
Data Standard & General Tools
- MetaEd IDE is a tool that supports implementers who are extending Ed-Fi technology.
ODS / API Applications & Tools
- Analytics Middle Tier (AMT) is a collection of SQL views that enable data analysts to better understand and access data in an Ed-Fi Platform while building reports and analytics.
- Admin App is a web-based administrative interface for the Ed-Fi Platform.
- Admin API is an API-based interface for the management of the Ed-Fi Platform, for use in automated configurations.
- Data Import is a tool to map and import data from CSV files to an Ed-Fi Platform.
- Learning Standards Sync Utility is a tool for system administrators for synchronizing learning standards between the AB Connect API and a specified Ed-Fi Platform instance.
Deployment and Upgrade Tools
- Docker Deployment scripts install and configure components of the Ed-Fi Platform on Docker containers.
Other Useful Links
- Are you a developer or technologist looking for the code? See the Code & Developer Resources article on this site for information and links to our GitHub repositories.
- The article Ed-Fi Technology Version Index has a list of our products by version number. You can find which products are current, which are still in support, and the licensing for each.
- The data model and data exchange for Ed-Fi technologies are generally compatible within a particular Technology Suite. For example, products in Technology Suite 3 share the same data model. The article Ed-Fi Technology Suite Version Matrix shows which product versions are designed to work well together.