For a hands-on experience, please come with a laptop or VM prepared with the following:
For building the Analytics Middle Tier
- Analytics Middle Tier 1.1.0
- Requires GitHub login to access
- Download both
EdFi.AnalyticsMiddleTier-win10.x64.zipand the source code.
- .NET Core SDK 2.1.x
- .NET 4.7.1 Developer Pack
If using chocolately, install the last three with these commands in an Administrative command prompt:
choco install dotnetcore-sdk -y choco install netfx-4.7.1-devpack -y choco install nuget.commandline -y
For building a Tabular Data Model and interacting with it from Excel
- SQL Server 2014+ with both the Database Engine and Analysis Services running.
- SQL Server Data Tools
- An active 2.0 or 2.2 data standard database (sample: Glendale 2.0, 7zip file) - does not require the full set of EdFi databases generated by
initdev. Simply loading this Glendale backup into a database is sufficient.
The full lab workbook is available on GitHub: Bootcamp Lab Exercise.