- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
This page provides links to product information, technical documentation, and other material about the technology published by the Ed-Fi Alliance and community.
Ed-Fi Technology Suite
Ed-Fi ODS / API Platform
The Ed-Fi Operational Data Store (ODS) provides a secure, transactional information store that integrates data from multiple source systems and applications. The Ed-Fi ODS API accompanies the Ed-Fi Operational Data Store and provides a developer-friendly interface to create, read, and update information stored in an Ed-Fi powered ODS.
Ed-Fi Tools aid developers implementing the technical components of the Suite.
Data Standard & General Tools
- MetaEd IDE is a tool that supports implementers who are extending Ed-Fi technology.
- MappingEDU is an online system that supports business analysts and other users to map one data standard to another.
- The SDG creates realistic, Ed-Fi-aligned sample datasets suitable for testing and training.
ODS / API Applications & Tools
- Analytics Middle Tier (AMT) is a collection of SQL views that enable data analysts to better understand and access data in an Ed-Fi ODS / API while building reports and analytics.
- Admin App is a web-based administrative interface for the Ed-Fi ODS / API.
- Data Import is a tool to map and import data from CSV files to an Ed-Fi ODS / API.
- LMS Toolkit is a tool that helps school districts unlock, simplify, and use instructional system data.
- Learning Standards Sync Utility is a tool for system administrators for synchronizing learning standards between the AB Connect API and a specified Ed-Fi ODS / API instance.
Deployment and Upgrade Tools
- Docker Deployment scripts install and configure components of the Ed-Fi ODS / API on Docker containers.
- Tech Suite Installer installs and configures components of the Ed-Fi Technical Suite.
- Migration Utility is a command-line tool built to upgrade the schema of an ODS instance up to the latest version, along with data migration.
Ed-Fi Dashboards provide a starting point for developing student performance dashboards that puts real-time, actionable information at the fingertips of educators. It includes a user interface with metrics that educators identified as critical to improving student achievement.
Other Useful Links
- The article Ed-Fi is a Technology Suite on our website has an overview of our technical product catalog, with descriptions and links to more information.
- Are you a developer or technologist looking for the code? See the Code & Developer Resources article on this site for information and links to our GitHub repositories.
- The article Ed-Fi Technology Version Index has a list of our products by version number. You can find which products are current, which are still in support, and the licensing for each.
- The data model and data exchange for Ed-Fi technologies are generally compatible within a particular Technical Suite. For example, products in Technical Suite 3 share The article Ed-Fi Technology Suite Version Matrix shows which product versions are designed to work well together.