- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
The Fizz Tools for Google Classroom extract metrics that can be used to help a school district or a teacher understand student online activity in Google Classroom.
|Table of Contents|
What Data Does it Get (and Why)?
The utility creates two tabular (.csv) export files – pulled from the Google Classroom API – of these formats:
These files show – on a per-student, per-day basis – key information about the activity of students in the domain in Google Classroom, including details such as:
- the status of all student-assigned assignments
- the last interaction time for that day in Classroom
- student Google logins
- posts by the student to the Classroom Activity Stream.
Note that the precise file formats above and/or information included may change over time. For current documentation, please consult the README file in the GitHub repo.
How do I Get Started?
The tools are in GitHub here: https://github.com/Ed-Fi-Exchange-OSS/Ed-Fi-X-Fizz/tree/main/src/google
- The tool includes Python scripts and a sample Jupiter notebook with some sample visualizations and analyses.
- The README in that directory describes how to get started.
The tool is in "newborn" status. It is intended as a demonstration of techniques and / or as a starting point for a more building a more robust solution
- Tool repo: https://github.com/Ed-Fi-Exchange-OSS/Ed-Fi-X-Fizz/tree/main/src/google
- Google Results API - https://developers.google.com/admin-sdk/reports/v1/get-start/getting-started
- Google Classroom API - https://developers.google.com/classroom
- Google Classroom Connector - Tool developed by InnovateEdu that gathers data on missing student assignments and presents that data in Google Data Studio. We installed it and it works great