- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
All bugs, enhancement requests, and questions from the Ed-Fi Community should be entered as issues in Ed-Fi Tracker using the following issue types:
A problem which impairs or prevents the functions of the product. Note this is a different issue type than. A Bug Report will convert to a Bug once it has been verified by the Ed-Fi team.
|An improvement or enhancement to an existing feature or task.|
|A new feature of the product, which has yet to be developed. See How To: Submit a Feature Request.|
A question or issue that is not directly related to a bug, improvement or feature. Questions not directly related to the product can be posted to this forum instead.
This section provides a walkthrough of submitting an issue to the Alliance.
- Select the project to which you want to submit your issue. See the article Technical Community Guidelines for a summary of projects and access requirements.
- Click the "Create" button.
- Select the Issue Type.
Enter following information:
Anchor requiredinformation requiredinformation
- Summary. A brief description of the issue.
- Issue Description. Be detailed. For improvements and new feature requests, please include use case details. For bugs, please include the steps to reproduce the bug.
- Priority. Indicate the importance of the issue.
- Components. A list of components that will be affected by the issue.
- Affects Version/s. The specific version, if any, affected by the issue.
- If you plan to submit a pull request for the issue, please add the label "licensee-fix" so the community knows you will be working on it.
- If you believe the issue will be a breaking change, add the label "breaking-change" so we can begin our evaluation in advance of a change.
- Reporter. Defaults to current user.
- Click Create and you're done.
Community Feedback Workflow
See the workflow below to understand how your issue will be handled.
Image RemovedImage Added
Every tracker issue created starts in the OPEN status and is assigned to a Level 1 (L1) support team partner to confirm the basic information provided is sufficient for analysis.
|UNDER ANALYSIS||In this status, the L1 support partner will triage the issue and work to refine the details (mainly the Description) with the aim of providing actionable feedback for the Ed-Fi development team. Depending on the nature of the issue, the reporter can expect from the community additional information gathering, suggested best practices or workarounds, background information, and/or clarifications. If the feedback is deemed actionable for Ed-Fi development, it will be labeled 'recommended' and assigned to the Ed-Fi Product Owner. The Product Owner will then decide whether to approve it for development.|
|PLANNED FOR DEVELOPMENT||Issues that have been approved for development transition here from the UNDER ANALYSIS status. It is important to note while there is a plan to develop tickets in this phase, it is not a guarantee the changes will become part of a future release. Often times during development additional requirements or unforeseen complications can arise and more information may be necessary or additional steps taken before a ticket can move forward. When this is the case, the issue make transition back to UNDER ANALYSIS. Otherwise, the issue will move on to IN DEVELOPMENT.|
|IN DEVELOPMENT||Issues that are actively being developed fall into this status. Note that the workflow for Ed-Fi development-related issues (e.g. Story, Epic, Task, Bug) are different than feedback issues which is why you will likely see one or more development-related issues linked to the source feedback issue. As with the previous status, complications may arise that require changes or a hold to the development process. If this is the case, the ticket may revert back to a previous status.|
|READY FOR REVIEW||Once the related development issues have been addressed, the feedback issue may be transitioned to this status to confirm all aspects of the originating requirements are addressed. Not all feedback will transition through this status.|
|CLOSED||The final status for all tracker issues where there is no further action necessary. The Resolution field will indicate how the issue was resolved.|
|Content by Label|