- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
This standard provides bulk XML specifications to exchange K–12 data. XML files validated against this specification can also can be used to populate an Ed-Fi ODS / API compatible with the Ed-Fi Technical Suite 3 generation of technology.
The Ed-Fi Bulk Data Exchange for XML contains a set of twenty-one XML schemas. The specifications in this standard are XSD files, all of which use the domain entities and other types defined in the EFDS31. Through field-testing, the standard Ed-Fi schema definitions provide a rigorous structure for data, but allow a reasonable degree of flexibility to account for different levels of source data availability.
The Ed-Fi Standard Interchange Schema handle a number of common data exchange use cases such as the reporting of test results, gradebook information, student transcript information, and more.
The following use cases are supported by this standard:
- Exchange of student assessments, assessment results, and academic standards.
- Exchange of student grades and gradebook entries.
- Exchange of educational organization information and hierarchy.
- Exchange of calendar and schedule information for an education organization.
- Exchange of student and educator attendance information.
- Exchange of student discipline incidents and discipline incident responses.
- Exchange of student enrollment and class assignment information.
- Exchange of parental contact information and student-parent relationships.
- Exchange of student transcript information.
- Initial population of an Ed-Fi ODS / API.
- Periodic bulk data loading of an Ed-Fi ODS / API.
The specifications included in the Ed-Fi Bulk Data Exchange for XML are:
- Assessment Metadata Interchange
- Descriptors Interchange
- Education Organization Interchange
- Education Organization Calendar Interchange
- Finance Interchange
- Master Schedule Interchange
- Parent Interchange
- PostSecondary Event Interchange
- Staff Association Interchange
- Standards Interchange
- Student Interchange
- Student Assessment Interchange
- Student Attendance Interchange
- Student Cohort Interchange
- Student Discipline Interchange
- Student Enrollment Interchange
- Student Grade Interchange
- Student Gradebook Interchange
- Student Intervention Interchange
- Student Program Interchange
- Student Transcript Interchange
- The XSD files are designed per the Ed-Fi XSD Design & Implementation Guidelines.
- Provide feedback about this standard https://tracker.ed-fi.org/projects/DATASTD/issues/.
- See the Ed-Fi Technical Suite Version Matrix for a complete listing of products with which this standard is compatible.
The following link is a ZIP archive containing a Core XSD and the XSD specifications for each schema: