- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
This domain defines the model for a wide range of programs, including education programs, alternative programs, extracurricular programs, supplemental programs, and early learning programs.
|Table of Contents|
This domain contains:
- A Program entity, which defines programs with services offered by an education organization.
- A StudentProgramAssociation entity, which links Program entities to participating students.
- A StaffProgramAssociation entity, which links Program entities to assigned staff.
The key concepts include the following:
- The Program entity covers a very wide range of offerings at educational institutions. The base model is designed to cover as many of these as possible, but specific extended models (such as CTE or Special Education) provide additional elements and entities often utilized in those specific program types.
- Keep in mind that extensions to the base model will automatically propagate to the existing extended models.
- Note that for Program entities tied to Section entities, attendance may be taken separately for the Program entity.
This section contains reference information for the Alternative/Supplemental Services domain model.
Alternative/Supplemental Services Model Entities
|EducationOrganization||This entity represents any public or private institution, organization, or agency that provides instructional or support services to students or staff at any level.|
|Program||This entity represents any program designed to work in conjunction with, or as a supplement to, the main academic program. Programs may provide instruction, training, services, or benefits through federal, state, or local agencies. Programs may also include organized extracurricular activities for students.|
|School||This entity represents an educational organization that includes staff and students who participate in classes and educational activity groups.|
|Section||This entity represents a setting in which organized instruction of course content is provided, in-person or otherwise, to one or more students for a given period of time. A course offering may be offered to more than one section.|
This entity represents an individual who performs specified activities for any public or private education institution or agency that provides instructional and/or support services to students or staff at the early childhood level through high school completion. For example, this includes:
|StaffProgramAssociation||This association indicates the Staff associated with a program.|
|Student||This entity represents an individual for whom instruction, services, and/or care are provided in an early childhood, elementary, or secondary educational program under the jurisdiction of a school, education agency or other institution or program. A student is a person who has been enrolled in a school or other educational institution.|
|StudentProgramAssociation||This association represents the Program(s) that a student participates in or is served by.|
|StudentProgramAttendanceEvent||This event entity represents the recording of whether a student is in attendance to receive or participate in program services.|
|StudentSchoolAttendanceEvent||This event entity represents the recording of whether a student is in attendance for a school day.|
|StudentSectionAssociation||This association indicates the course sections to which a student is assigned.|
|StudentSectionAttendanceEvent||This event entity represents the recording of whether a student is in attendance for a section.|
Alternative/Supplemental Services Model
Image RemovedImage Added