- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
The Ed-Fi ETL Application is the code that Extracts the data from the ODS, Transforms it into meaningful student measures that we generally refer to as metrics, and finally Loads these metrics into the dashboard databases. This process is represented in step 2 in the diagram below.
The Ed-Fi ETL Application transforms the raw student data from an Ed-Fi ODS into meaningful, actionable data for the classroom, school, and district to support students on their journey through K–12 education system.
ETL Runtime Executable
The three core components of the ETL Application architecture are:
- Readers, which extract the data from the ODS into application objects. Data is read once and published to be consumed by the relevant translators.
- Translators, which transform the objects into metric calculations. These are responsible for applying the business logic defined for each metric.
- Writers, which load the data into the dashboard databases, improving performance by optimizing data writes via buffers.
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows Server 2012 or higher
- SQL Server 2014 Developer or Enterprise Edition
- 64 GB RAM
- 3 Ghz Dual-Core CPU
- 100 GB free HD Space