- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Before you begin this step, make sure you have a license and a login to access the Ed-Fi Alliance source code repository in GitHub. The Ed-Fi ODS / API source code is contained in three Ed-Fi repositories hosted by GitHub. The repository names are:
Source Code Links
Latest Stable Release (v2.5.0)
The latest stable version of the Ed-Fi ODS / API can be found in the repository links below:
Latest Daily Source
Downloading and Extracting ODS / API Source Code
Follow the steps below to either Git Clone or download and extract each of the repository archives from the relevant release tag or development branch.
Git Clone Method
- Use a Git client (such as GitHub Desktop) or a Git command line tool to Git Clone each of the repository links described above (for latest release or daily source). It is important to ensure that all three repositories are extracted to the same root directory (for example C:\).
- When all repositories have been cloned, there should be three folders for the ODS / API source code as shown below:
Download and Extract Method
- Navigate to each of the repository links described above (for latest release or daily source) and use the Download ZIP button to download the repository to your local drive.
- In Windows Explorer, right-click each of the downloaded ZIP files and select Properties. On the General tab, press Unblock to allow the contents of the contained scripts to execute properly. Note that Windows 10 will display an "Unblock" checkbox.
- In Windows Explorer, right-click on each of the downloaded ZIP files and select Extract All… Enter C:\ for the target folder.1 The ZIP files contain an embedded folder ending in “-2.5.0” (or "-development" or "-master" if downloading latest daily source). For example, the “Ed-Fi ODS ZIP” archive contents will be extracted into C:\Ed-Fi-ODS-220.127.116.11.
- After the extractions are complete, rename the folders to remove the "-18.104.22.168" (or “-master" or "-development-v2") from the folder names. For example, change C:\Ed-Fi-ODS-22.214.171.124 to C:\Ed-Fi-ODS.
- When the extraction and renaming are complete, there should be three folders for the ODS / API source code as shown below: