- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Welcome to the Ed-Fi Technical Documentation home page. This site provides links to documentation and technical information for the Ed-Fi Data Standard and the Ed-Fi Implementation Suite as well as information and resources for the Ed-Fi Tech Community.
On behalf of the Ed-Fi community, we are pleased to announce the following releases:
December 19th, 2018:
The Ed-Fi Data Standard is the widely-adopted, CEDS-aligned, open-source data standard developed by the educational community for the betterment of the community. The Ed-Fi Data Standard serves as the foundation for enabling interoperability among secure data systems and contains a Unifying Data Model designed to capture the meaning and inherent structure in the most important information in the K–12 education enterprise.
(Current Versions (v2.0, v2.2, v3.0) | Latest Version (v3.1) | All Versions)
Ed-Fi Implementation Suite
The Ed-Fi Operational Data Store (ODS) provides a secure, transactional information store that integrates data from multiple source systems and applications. The Ed-Fi ODS API accompanies the Ed-Fi Operational Data Store and provides a developer-friendly interface to create, read, and update information stored in an Ed-Fi powered ODS.
(Current Versions (v2.4, v2.5, v3.1) | Latest Version (v3.1) | All Versions)
Ed-Fi Dashboards provide a starting point for developing student performance dashboards that puts real-time, actionable information at the fingertips of educators. It includes a user interface with metrics that educators identified as critical to improving student achievement.
(Current Version (v2.0.3) | All Versions)
Ed-Fi Tools aid developers implementing the technical components of the Suite.
- The MetaEd IDE is a tool that supports implementers who are extending Ed-Fi technology.
- MappingEDU is an online system that supports business analysts and other users map one data standard to another.
- The Ed-Fi Sample Data Generator creates realistic, Ed-Fi-aligned sample datasets suitable for testing and training
- The Ed-Fi Validation Tool helps users streamline the testing process by verifying exchanges are working correctly.
- New February 28, 2019: The Ed-Fi Alliance has launched a Learning Standards Initiative in partnership with Certica Solutions to enable use cases related to learning material and assessment products. Two Ed-Fi Tools are available as Technical Preview releases to facilitate access to AB Connect standards via this partnership: The Ed-Fi Learning Standards Sync Utility and the Admin App for Azure Cloud ODS 2.5 and On-Premises Installation.