The Student Assessment Interchange describes test scores, quiz results, and other information related to student assessments. The interchange schema can carry results for many students or a single student.
This interchange schema supports the exchange of metadata for the following types of assessments:
- Single-level assessment, reporting an overall score (e.g., as in an SAT test where a single score is reported for each test).
- Two-level item assessment, reporting an overall score and a score for each assessment item (e.g., a classroom test reports the total score and individual student results for each question).
- Two-level objective assessment, reporting an overall score and a score for each learning objective (e.g., a standardized test reports the total score and also individual student results for each learning objective).
- Three-level assessment, reporting an overall score, a score for sections that test specific learning objectives, and a score for each assessment item (e.g., a benchmark assessment may report a total raw score, a score per objective, and individual results for each question which are tied to learning standards).
Like all standard Ed-Fi interchanges, this schema references the Ed-Fi Core XSD and can be extended using the Ed-Fi Extensions Framework. See the Ed-Fi Data Standard: Developers' Guide for more information.
The Student Assessment Interchange can be used to:
- Exchange student scores for standardized state and local assessments.
- Exchange student scores for classroom and benchmark tests.
- Exchange student assessment score updates (e.g., retakes, correction of errors).
The following figure shows a logical view of the Student Assessment Interchange schema:
The following table describes the primary entities of which the Student Assessment Interchange is composed.
|AssessmentReference||References the metadata definition for the assessment.|
|AssessmentItemReference||References the metadata definition for the assessment item.|
|ObjectiveAssessmentReference||References an ObjectiveAssessment definition during interchange.|
|StudentAssessment||This entity represents the analysis or scoring of a student’s response on an assessment. The analysis results in a value that represents a student’s performance on a set of items on a test.|
This interchange includes the following Extended References.
|Extended Reference Name||Description|
|StudentReference||Required. Reference to the Student associated with the Assessment.|
This interchange references the following Ed-Fi Descriptors, thus requiring them to have been defined using the Descriptors interchange prior to this interchange. For more information on the Ed-Fi Descriptor Pattern, see the Ed-Fi Data Standard - Developers' Guide.
|AcademicSubjectDescriptor||Required. Descriptions should state whether they are optional or required in this context.|
|AccomodationDescriptor||Optional. This descriptor defines the specific type of special variation used in how an examination is presented, how it is administered, or how the test taker is allowed to respond. This generally refers to changes that do not substantially alter what the examination measures. The proper use of accommodations does not substantially change academic level or performance criteria. For example: Braille, Enlarged monitor view, Extra time, Large Print, Setting, Oral Administration.|
|CountryDescriptor||Optional. This descriptor defines the name and code of the country.|
Required. This descriptor defines the grade level of a student at assessment time or for which as assessment is designed.
|LanguageDescriptor||Optional. This descriptor defines the language in which an assessment is written and/or administered.|
|PerformanceLevelDescriptor||Optional. This descriptor defines various levels or thresholds for performance on an assessment.|
|StudentIdentificationSystemDescriptor||Optional. A coding scheme that is used for identification and record-keeping purposes by schools, social services, or other agencies to refer to a student.|
- No labels